November ePortfolio Blog

 On November 23rd, some of my classmates and I spent 2 hours preparing Holiday/Thanksgiving cards that were later sent to the Louisiana Methodist Children's Home in Mandeville. Personally, this activity was meaningful to me because Thanksgiving is not only one of my favorite Holidays but is about emphasizing the importance of a community. One of the most important characteristics about the city of New Orleans is that this feeling is especially strong here compared to other cities around the country. Preparing the Thanksgiving cards meant that we were able to wish young children a warm and happy Holidays even though they may feel like they lacked a so-called community. Another important component that was incorporated in this Thanksgiving card project was the fact that I got to be with my classmates in a non-studious setting. This helped me build relationships and grow stronger connections with my fellow peers. In the upcoming month, I am excited to continue growing my sense of community with both my classmates and local New Orleanians. In two weeks I will be completing roughly 9 service hours at a local food bank amongst residences of the area in order to pack student lunches for after-school programs.

In regards to the course content, I think we have hit the climax of the semester. Now that we have completed some of the more difficult and complex modules, I am hoping that following my past study plans will help me excel on the next test like I have been in the past. I think that my favorite module thus far is definitely the one about the Autonomic Nervous System because I got to incorporate other scientific areas of study that go beyond pharmacology like physiology and pathology. Now that we are coming up in the home-stretch of the semester I am ready to finish off strong and prepare to begin studying for the MCAT once I return from winter break.


Total Community Services Hours Completed: 5 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April ePortfolio Blog

September ePortfolio Blog